Wednesday 15 October 2008

Wave of light - babyloss awareness

wave of light 2008
Today is babyloss awareness day across the UK and the rest of the world. The aim of the wave of light is to help and allow parents to knowledge their losses and try to promote understanding of the impact of pregnancy loss and baby loss in the wider community. Over 250,000 parents suffer a miscarriage every year and around 17 babies a day are still born or die in the first 28 days of life. But statistics do not help you to understand the impact that such a loss has on a family.

Last year we lit candles for our angels, those of friends and those lost in the unit where I worked. Currently we are blessed to be 7 months pregnant waiting for our third child's safe arrival, God willing. The begining of the pregnancy was stressful and fraught with worry then at around 12 weeks we found out our baby number 3 started our as baby number 3 and baby number 4, but that one had quietly passed away to allow their sister a chance at life. So we thank you little one for the time we had with you and for quietly going to sleep and allowing your sister to continue to bring us blessings, we know she we always have a special angel looking after her.

Psalm 139:

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

No comments: